Dear valued Wedgewood Pharmacy customer:
As always, the health and safety of the communities we serve, our customers, patients and employees are of utmost importance to us. With growing concern about COVID-19, I wanted to share additional steps we have taken to 1) ensure patient access to difficult-to-find medication and 2) prevent the spread of illness.
The additional safety precautions outlined in this message are being implemented with one singular goal: to continue to safely provide the compounded medication your practice and patients rely on.
- Medication Access: In anticipation of challenges in the supply chain for active pharmaceutical ingredients, we are working diligently with our FDA-registered vendor partners to ensure we have adequate materials (ingredients, packaging, personal protection equipment and more) to prevent service interruptions. We are identifying cross-trained employees so that we can ensure redundancy in essential roles.
- Home Delivery: We regularly ship medication to your customers’ homes either directly through Wedgewood Pharmacy or through Vetsource. This convenient option can help limit your staff's exposure and maintain continuity of care when your customers may not want to visit the clinic to pick up a prescription.
- Ease of Ordering: We encourage you to use our self-service (digital) tools for prescribing and ordering as we may experience higher than average wait times in our call center (due to unplanned absenteeism as our schools and communities also take precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19). Our customer care specialists and pharmacists will remain available and accessible from 8:00am to 11:00pm ET.
- Prevention: Like you, we are health care providers that typically remain open during emergency situations because of the needs of our patients. However, we have instituted the following new policies to ensure employee safety and reduced risk from social exposure:
- HR requiring sick employees to stay home with additional availability of emergency sick pay,
- More frequent and enhanced cleaning procedures,
- Steps to reduce social exposure, such as asking employees that have the ability to work remotely to do so,
- Eliminating communal meals, company-planned social events and meetings,
- We have cancelled all non-essential vendor meetings and have eliminated non-essential travel.
I hope that you, your staff, your clients and your community remain safe and healthy. I know that you, too, are working hard to respond to the uncertainty of this situation. We will continue to closely monitor new developments and will respond swiftly and appropriately when necessary, keeping you informed along the way. As always, your dedicated territory and inside account managers will be available to help you and your practice.
Marcy, President and CEO